WinPatrol uses a heuristic approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drivesearching for previously identified threats.
WinPatrol takes snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge. You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others download new reference files.
Features of WinPatrol 20.5.2011:
· Increase Your Speed & System Performance.
· Detect & Neutralize Spyware.
· Detect & Neutralize Viral infections.
· Detect & Restore File Type Changes.
· Avoid Start Page Hijacking.
· Kill Multiple Tasks that replicate each other, in a single step!
· Stop programs that repeatedly add themselves to your Startup List!
· Delete and Remove the most Stubborn Infections.
· Detect & Neutralize ADware.
· Detect & Neutralize Unwanted IE Add-Ons.
· Automatically Filter Unwanted Cookies.
· Detect HOSTS file changes.
What's New in WinPatrol 20.5.2011:
· The last new version of WinPatrol was release in early November, 2010 just before Scotty’s 11th birthday. This week I’m happy to announce to release the new and improved WinPatrol 2011. Scotty even has a new 2011 look
As more computers are sold with the 64 bit version of Window we've worked hard to keep up and make sure Scotty doesn't lag behind the technology. We found some quirks on 64 bit systems but thanks to support from our friends at Microsoft and other security vendors we’ve created version that runs faster than ever on 64 bit systems.
• Active Task
· You'll notice more information available on our list of Active Tasks. Sorting on the module ID you’ll be able to see which DLL files are used by running tasks. You'll find two new columns and on newer versions of Windows with additional information. Over the years this has been a popular request and we will continue to add information which is useful to all users. Active Tasks is usually the first place you'll check to remove any unwanted programs from reappearing so the more information the better.
• ZeroDay Alerts
· WinPatrol 2011 responds far better to repeating alerts from unknown sources. These infiltrations can happen to anyone just having a vulnerable application on their computer. Files which are repeating alerts are also tracked to provide quicker creation of PLUS Info for new threats.
• Delayed Start
· This new feature is proving to be very popular with new users. We fixed a bug on 64 bit systems when moving programs from the Startup Programs list to Delayed Start.
· Display bug fixed when changing startup status. Fixed bug in 64 bit Windows when displaying non-Microsoft Services only.
· Corrected Internet error message when trying to activate PLUS features. We obviously want to make it as easy as possible to upgrade from the Free Edition to WinPatrol PLUS. We continue to make it a great deal even for folks short on cash and the future of WinPatrol really depends on continued support from our PLUS members.
Download[ WinPatrol 20.5.2011.0 ]