CloneSpy can help you free up hard drive space by detecting and removing duplicate files. Duplicate files have exactly the same contents regardless of their name, date, time and location.
Also, CloneSpy is able to find files that are not exactly identical, but have the same file name. Perhaps you have different versions of a file and you want to find all of them and remove the older versions. CloneSpy can also find zero length files. These are files that have no content.
With CloneSpy you can process files which :
· are duplicates
· are duplicates and have the same file name
· have the same file name
· have the same file name and (approximately) the same size
· are zero bytes long
CloneSpy offers you a complete mechanism for determining which duplicate or same-name files should be removed. It is also possible to leave this decision up to the individual user.
CloneSpy can handle equal files by :
· deleting redundant files
· moving redundant files to a specific folder
· exporting a list of all equal files without removing any files
· deferring file operations on redundant files to a batch file where you can apply arbitrary file operations
With CloneSpy you can build checksum files from files on CDs (or even on hard drives, etc.) and use them to check whether these files already exist on your system. The checksum files will prevent you from having to play DJ every time you search for duplicates!
What's New in CloneSpy 2.51 :
· Added: The list boxes in the Result presentation windows now have a context menu offering copy-to-clipboard operations and grid lines.
· Added: The list box of the All duplicates window has additional entries in its context menu offering more advanced file marking and statistics.
· Added: In the Add folder window it can now be configured whether the last visited folder in the tree view should be remembered for both pools.
· Added: The Add folder window now has a "Remove selected folder from list" button that removes directory paths from the pool list box.
· Added: The user now receives feedback if errors occur while files are being acquired (can be disabled in the Report tab of the Options window).
· Added: The settings associated with a scan can now be written to the log file (see Logging tab of the Options window).
· Added: CloneSpy can now be configured to play a sound when equal files are immediately displayed (see Priority tab of the Options window).
· Added: File entries in the Result presentation windows can now be marked by pressing the Ctrl key plus the left mouse button.
· Added: The installer now allows you to change the folder in the start menu or even to create a new folder.
· Modified: The Options window now remembers the last visited tab until the next program start.
· Modified: The All duplicates window can now be closed with the close button in the title bar.
· Modified: Improved wording of the header written to the log file.
· Modified: Improved readability of numbers in the log file summary.
· Fixed: The option "Close categories above selected item" no longer affects the currently highlighted category in the All duplicates window.
· Fixed: Controls in the Logging tab of the Options window are now correctly enabled/disabled if logging is enabled/disabled.
· Fixed: Corrected the log file entry for deleted or moved zero length files for the case that deletion of equal files is deferred to batch file.
· Fixed: After clicking one of the "Make CSC" buttons in the Main window unrelated error messages are no longer shown.
· Fixed: Added an explanation for the formerly unknown error code 19.
Download [ CloneSpy 2.51 ]