The xp-AntiSpy is a little utility that lets you disable some built-in update and authentication 'features' in WindowsXP.
For example, there's a service running in the background which is called 'Automatic Updates'. I don't know what this service transfers from my machine to other machines on the internet, especially the MS ones. So I play it safe and disable such functions. If you like, you can even disable these functions manually, by going through the System and checking or unchecking some checkboxes. This will take you approximately half an hour. But why wast time when a little neat utility can do the same in 1 minute?
xp-AntiSpy was successfully tested by lots of users, and was found to disable all the known 'Suspicious' Functions in WindowsXP. It's customiseable, but comes up with the Default settings, which are recommended.
This utility is DONATIONWARE! This means, you don't have to pay anything for this program and you can give it to anyone who's interested in it, as long as you don't sell it. If you find this tool useful, and wanna gimme something back, think about donating a small amount of money.
What's New in xp-AntiSpy 3.97 :
· Error in the setting "No auto-start for CDs" fixed.
· Error in the setting "Delete history of recently opened documents" fixed.
· Error in the setting "No automatic network search" fixed.
· These three errors were encountered but only when used in Windows7.
· Error in setting integrated pop-up blocker switched "fixed.
· Error in the setting "Enable Windows Defender service" fixed.