PC Tools Firewall Plus is a powerful free personal firewall for Windows that protects your computer by preventing unauthorized users from gaining access to your computer through the Internet or a network.
By monitoring applications that connect to the network Firewall Plus can stop Trojans, backdoors, keyloggers and other malware from damaging your computer and stealing your private information.
PC Tools Firewall Plus is advanced technology designed especially for people, not just experts. Powerful prevention against attacks and known exploits is activated by default while experienced users can optionally create their own advanced packet filtering rules, including IPv6 support, to customize the network defenses. All you need to do is install it for immediate and automatic ongoing protection.
That's how PC Tools Firewall Plus provides world-leading protection, backed by regular Smart Updates, real-time protection and comprehensive network shielding to ensure your PC remains safe and hacker free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people every day to protect their home and business computers against online threats.
We recommend you use PC Tools Firewall Plus in combination with Spyware Doctor for comprehensive system protection against spyware, adware and other threats.
Features of PC Tools Firewall Plus Free Edition 7.0 :
· Protects your PC as you are working, surfing and playing.
· Intelligent automatic protection without all the questions.
· Easy to use. Designed for both, novice and expert users.
· Advanced rules to protect your PC against common attacks.
· Best of all it’s FREE. No catches, limitations or time-limits.
What's New in PC Tools Firewall Plus Free Edition 7.0 :
• Extensive Security Permission (ESP). PC Tools Firewall Plus has extended its Self Protection to block malicious programs bypassing the firewall. Some malicious programs access the internet by disabling the firewall allowing your personal information to be sent to the internet undetected. PC Tools Firewall Plus intercepts termination requests restricting who can terminate the firewall and modify protected objects.
• Improved Application rules interface displays an application’s details as well as extended/improved user control over input and output rule creation and modification. The new rules interface also allows creation and modification of new ESP rules. This allows the expert user complete control of the network access.
• More informative pop ups PC Tools Firewall Plus is built using the new Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) architecture in Windows 7, Vista™ and Server 2008 to provide you with precise control over all network traffic, including IPv6, on both 32bit and 64bit systems.
• Updated Profiles Interface for greater control over network access profiles. Configure trusted and untrusted network profiles to help ensure your network access to tailored to the security level of the network you’re connected to.
• Network Display has been extended to include detailed available adaptor information including assigned profile, MAC Address and traffic statistics as well as detailed network information including the IP, Gateway IP and subnet mask.
• Normal and Expert modes have been combined into one simple to use interface. The new interface has automatic rule and profile creation for the normal user as well as an interface allowing highly customisable configurations for expert users.
• Other Fixes
· Improved self protection;
· Enhanced application filtering performance;
· Improved support for multi-network environments;
· Added Enhanced Security Filtering scale;
· Streamlined Advanced application control settings;
· Improved sleeker GUI;
· Bug fixes.